The coming Barack Obama Presidential Center and the complete restoration of the Jackson Park and South Shore Golf Courses provide the Jackson Park Golf Association (JPGA) with a unique opportunity to realize its vision of maximizing the potential of youth in our community through education; the values to be learned from the sport of golf; the creation of a real path to the Professional Golf Association (PGA) membership; and a tribute to and recognition of the history of golf in the African American community.
The collective mission and vision of JPGA will advance underserved and underrepresented youth and young adult golfers to not only dream, but also achieve their dreams to become professional golfers and/or work in the golf industry.
Numbers don't lie and the restoration of the 125 year-old Jackson Park Golf Course is about COMMUNITY REVITALIZATION, JOBS, RESTORATION, and POSITIVE CHANGE!
Whether you are a proponent or opponent for the prospect of a PGA-caliber golf course in the heart of Chicago's south side historic Jackson Park, please read the full economic synopsis for the 2019 BMW Championship in DuPage County:
· $19.5 Million Direct Spending
· 7,088 Jobs Supported
· 133,000 Weekly Attendance with Visitors from 44 States and International Travelers
· 30,281 Hotel Nights
· $1.7 Million State Taxes Generated
· $408k Local Taxes Generated
· $26.8 Million Publicity Value of Media Exposure
· Surpassed $30 Million in Charitable Funds Raised for the Evans Scholars Foundation since BMW became title sponsor in 2007